Allegory and Myth of Immortality
Add To Cart
Udit Kulshrestha, was born October 12, 1977 in Rajkot in an Armed Forces family. Travelling across the country, he trained in Business Management where he was involved in various marketing roles, when he found the camera in 2006 and is now a self taught professional photographer and an artist using the medium of photography.
He is currently exploring the Unseen geographies of North East India, where he is documenting tribal stories from Assam & Arunachal around the themes of land in conflict geographies. He also uses photography to create art objects and photography based installations.
A contract photographer with Bloomberg L.P. and ESPN, his photographs have been featured in publications like Time, BBC, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Zeit, Gotenberg Post, Caravan, Femina, Fortune, The Wire & Forbes to name a few.
Recipient of prestigious photography awards and grants, his prints and photographic objects are part of several photography collections internationally.
He is the author of Darwaze, a photobook on his early years of photography and is based out of Agra.
- The Portrait Project, 2017 Serendipity Arts, Goa 2017 (Curated by Dinesh Khanna)
- 50:50, A 50 Year Centenary of Birla Arts, Kolkata, 2017 (Curated by Johny ML)
- India Art Fair – 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 with Wonderwall Gallery, Delhi
- Parallel Cities, ProHelvetia-TimeOut, Max Mueller, New Delhi (Curated by Devika Daulet Singh)
- DestinAsian: Viewfinder – Viewfinder Gallery, London
- 2007 onwards part of over 20 group exhibits with Gallery Sanskriti (Calcutta), Apparao (Chennai) & Wonderwall(Delhi)
Honorable Mentions & Awards:
- Emerging Artist: Wonderwall (2008)
- Rising Tide Award, Hong Kong DDB Wordwide (Advertising - 2009)
- Nominee, One Show Awards (Advertising – 2009)
- Honorary Mention in Photo Essay category, Media Foundation of India Awards, 2013
- Sahapedia Grant Nominee, 2018